இலங்கையின் சுவைமிகு பேரீச்சம்பழ கேக் (EGGLESS TEA DATES CAKE) BY BEING HUNGRY
Capelin pie: how to make a quick and tasty meal for family and friends?
Capelin pie is a tasty, appetizing and satisfying dish, the preparation of which does not require serious financial and time costs from you. Such pastries were especially relevant in the post-Soviet space during the crises.
Even now, some housewives prefer to cook such simple dishes in a hurry . It can be made from puff pastry or yeast dough, as well as in the jellied version.
The filling can also be varied with any components at your own discretion. For example, dilute with potatoes, rice or vegetables.
In the end, you will definitely get a tasty and satisfying dish that is guaranteed to appeal to all family members.
The recipe for the cake is extremely simple, and you can get it done pretty quickly. All technology will take you less than an hour. The main thing is to butcher the fish, if it is not originally such.
Be sure to cook high-quality ingredients, and remember that one spoiled product can change the taste of the finished pie for the worse beyond recognition.
If you are making a cake with capelin and rice, you need to take round polished grains, the very ones that boil well for porridge. Do not use wild rice or any other crop that remains firm and dry after cooking.
So, what interesting recipes for capelin pie are there?
Pie on yeast dough
Yeast dough is considered one of the best for making this kind of pies. With it, the finished baked goods are softer, more flavorful and tender, which is very important for any fish pie. Among other things, yeast dough is one of the most satisfying, and therefore, if you serve such a pie for breakfast for the whole family, you can be sure that your household will be full long after leaving the house.
You can use any yeast dough recipe that you have personally tested, or even buy ready-made raw materials in the store. If you are not yet familiar with the technology for preparing such a dough, we will be happy to advise you on how to make it correctly. By following our instructions, you will get quite a lot of dough - about a quarter more than you need for the cake itself. You can freeze the leftovers and use them later to make delicious pastries with any fillings.
So, to make yeast dough, follow thisstep by step instructions:
- Pour one and a half glasses of milk and one and a half glasses of water into a bowl. Liquids should be warm enough, but not too hot. You can use only milk or only water in a combined amount (that is, three glasses);
- Pour a tablespoon of dry baker's yeast (with a slide) into the resulting solution;
- Beat in two large chicken eggs;
- Add two teaspoons of salt (without a slide) and two tablespoons of white refined sugar (don't think that the dough will turn out sweet - sugar appears here only as a flavor enhancer, so ready-made raw materials can be used for absolutely any baking);
- Begin to gradually add flour, preferably premium flour. Only wheat flour is provided for this test, and no substitutes will work. You may need up to one kilogram of flour. Pour it in slowly, constantly stirring the composition so that the mass is dense enough. She should not stick too much to your hands, but also be especially cool. Try to find a middle ground;
- Now you need to cover the container with the dough with a towel and place it in a warm place;
- When it rises for the first time, siege it and remove the cloth;
- Put the dough back in a warm place and let rise a second time. When this happens, remove the mixture from the pot or bowl and begin to knead it vigorously. Flour can be added as needed.
This dough will be in perfect harmony with the fish filling. And if you add rice or other sticky ingredients to it, it’s even tastier!
Let's start making the cake itself:
- Carefully cut the capelin - rinse, remove the heads and tails, eliminate the insides (pay attention to the black films present in the belly of the fish - they must also be removed so that they do not give the finished dish a characteristic bitterness). The caviar can be left (even desirable). One kilogram of fresh frozen fish will suffice;
- Chop 4-5 medium sized onions with a sharp large knife and send to sauté in vegetable oil. Make sure that the onion does not burn - it will be ready when it becomes translucent (it is not necessary to fry it until golden brown);
- Use a baking dish or baking sheet, preferably with high sides. Roll out the dough according to its shape and size. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease its surface with vegetable oil (you can use melted butter, so the cake will turn out with a golden brown crust). Place the dough on a baking sheet;
- Lay capelin in a dense layer on the surface of the bottom layer. Let the oven preheat;
- Salt the fish layer, pepper it and place a fur coat of sautéed onions;
- Pepper and salt again, if desiredplace a few bay leaves on it;
- From the rest of the dough, roll out the top layer, which you want to cover the filling on top. Be sure to seal the edges of the cake and poke holes in it with a fork. Decorate the top layer of pastry with hearts or dough flowers if desired;
- Beat another chicken egg and brush over the surface of the pie to make it beautiful and shiny;
- Send your pie to the oven and bake at the lowest temperature for at least an hour. During this time, the fish bones will bake well and will not be felt in the finished dish. 10 minutes before cooking, you can add a little heat.
This recipe is quite simple, and the dish prepared according to it turns out to be hearty and aromatic.
Cooking capelin jellied pie is even easier and more practical. Such dishes are called guest on doorstep because they can be handled quickly when intruders are coming.
You will need:
- Iced capelin (pre-defrost) - 500 grams;
- Onions - one large head;
- Potatoes - three medium tubers;
- Flour - two glasses;
- Milk - one glass;
- Mayonnaise - 250 grams;
- Chicken eggs - three pieces;
- Soda - on the tip of a knife;
- Salt, sugar and pepper.
Instructions for making pie with capelin and potatoes in the oven:
- Cut the capelin as usual, removing the heads, tails and entrails from it;
- Cut the onion into half rings and the potatoes into very thin slices;
- Salt and pepper all filling components to taste (you can season the mixture with special seasonings for potatoes or seafood);
- On a greased baking sheet, place first the potatoes, then the fish, and then the onions;
- Just before putting the pie in the oven, prepare the dough. To do this, mix milk, flour, mayonnaise and eggs, add half tablespoons of salt and sugar each, mix all the ingredients thoroughly;
- Pour the resulting dough evenly over the filling laid out on a baking sheet, shake the dishes a little so that it covers all the fish and potatoes;
- Place in oven (preheated) for about 40 minutes. Take care of the cake yourself - when it's browned well enough, you can take it out and serve it.
This recipe will surely help you out at the right moment, when there is simply no time for laborious preparation of analogues.
Notes for the hostess
Cooking a cake with capelin from puff pastry is most appropriate to produce with ready-made purchased raw materials. Always have puff pastry in your freezer - it will also help you out at the right time.
The filling is prepared according to the same principle asthen in the previous recipes.
For puff pastries and pies, it is better not to choose a heavy (in the literal sense of the word) filling, otherwise the product may flake and break. Instead of potatoes, you can put boiled rice pie, but in this case it is better to make the filling not in layers, but pre-mix until smooth.
You can add any components to the filling of your own taste. Finely chopped boiled eggs, other seafood, mashed potatoes go well with fish. You can also diversify the pie with carrots, cheese and other delicious and healthy ingredients.
It is better to serve the dish chilled, when the cake is finally set. It will come in very handy with beer, so if you have social gatherings you should definitely try serving it.