Beef Liver vs Lamb Liver vs Chicken Liver WHICH IS BEST?
Chicken liver with apples - a delicious dish with original sourness
Many housewives love to cook the liver, because it takes a little time, and the dish turns out to be incredibly tasty and nutritious. Chicken liver goes well with apples: the latter slightly conceal the bitterness of the offal and endow the dish with an exquisite apple aftertaste.
Chicken liver with apples and onions
If you complement this tandem with aromatic rings of fried onions, you will be pleasantly surprised by the speed with which your family will eat this second dish!
- offal in the amount of 600–800 g, rinse and pour over milk for 30–40 minutes. If there is no milk, you don't need to marinate, and if you've already decided, you won't regret it - the liver will end up being very tender and juicy;
- cut two or three heads of regular onions into rings, peel two or three medium apples, cut out everything in the center and cut into small wedges. Flour for breading in the amount of 2-3 tbsp. l. mix with pepper mixture and use as directed;
- place pieces of liver in a hot frying pan and fry with the addition of vegetable oil. Five to seven minutes will be enough;
- remove and salt the finished product, and put apple slices in the pan and fry. Put the fruit on the offal, and send butter to the pan - 25–30 g, a little vegetable and a couple of apple slices. Mash them with a fork and fry with the vegetable until tender;
- Place the contents of the pan in a third layer and serve. If the dish is prepared ahead of time, then preheat it in the oven or microwave before serving. It will be even better, as it allows products to exchange tastes and smells with each other.
Chicken liver cooked with apples in the oven
You can cook many dishes from chicken liver, but only apples stuffed with this offal will be favorites of the table, adding festivity and solemnity to it.
- one medium sized carrot, peel and chop on a coarse grater. Finely chop a couple of onions;
- for 4-5 large apples, cut off the cap and carefully cut the coresat. Pierce the fruit on all sides with a toothpick so that the walls do not crack during baking;
- heat a frying pan, add vegetable oil and fry the onions, carrots and apple pulp. After a couple of minutes add 400 g of finely chopped chicken liver and a piece of butter. Season with salt, add pepper mixture. Fry until tender;
- if you wish, you can pour in a little cognac and set it on fire, that is, flambé. The result is a French-style dish. Fill the apples with the filling, cover them with caps and put on a baking sheet, pouring a little water on the bottom;
- Bake for 10-15 minutes in an oven preheated to 220 ⁰C.
How to cook chicken liver with juicy apples and wine
This method liver cooking will be appreciated even by those who are not particularly supportive of offal.
- Rinse half a kilogram of liver, put in a plate, salt, pepper and pour marinade consisting of 2 tbsp. l. vegetable oil and the same amount of lemon or lime juice. Stir and set aside for 10 minutes;
- and at this time, peel and chop one medium onion in half rings, remove the peel from two large apples, cut out everything in the center and shape into thin slices;
- fry vegetables and fruits in sunflower oil for about 5 minutes, add 0.5 tsp. marjoram and remove from heat. In another bowl, boil half a glass of white dry wine, pour in 1 tbsp. l. honey and the same amount of balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil and turn off the gas;
- fry the chicken liver in a skillet with your favorite herbs until half cooked. Add apples and onions, wine and honey mixture and simmer for another 10 minutes. Treat your family with chopped herbs.
Chicken liver and juicy apples salad
This dish is incredibly satisfying and tasty, and it is easy and quick to prepare. This is one of the many recipes for Chicken Liver and Apple, using a curry dressing to add a flavor to the dish.
- offal in the amount of 400 g, rinse, dry with a cotton cloth, cut into oblong strips and fry until cooked in vegetable oil. After salt;
- Peel two sweet and sour fruits and cut out everything in the center to shape into thin strips. Sprinkle it with citrus-lemon juice so that it does not darken;
- wash a bunch of lettuce leaves and tear it with your hands, put them on the bottom of the salad bowl, place the liver on top, then apples and pour the dressing;
- to prepare it, stir 1 tbsp. l. water, sunflower oil in the amount of 3 tbsp. l., curry in the amount of 1 tsp., the same amount of vinegar. Add salt and mixture nertsev to taste.
How you can cook chicken liver with juicy apples and sour cream
Recipes with sour cream on the network are quite common, because this dairy product perfectly complements the taste of the liver. The apple adds sourness, and together they make a wonderful trio, worthy of a festive table.
- Rinse a kilogram of liver and cut into medium pieces. Chop two or three onions into half rings, wash 2-3 apples, divide into 4 parts, remove everything that is in the very center and shape into thin slices;
- send the offal to the pan and add the onion almost immediately. Cover the dishes with a lid and reduce the heat to a minimum;
- after 10 minutes, remove the lid, add apples, put 1 glass of sour cream, salt and pepper in accordance with taste preferences. Simmer for another 5 minutes under the lid, and then serve, using fresh herbs as decoration.
It doesn't matter which of the above recipes you choose for yourself, the best side dish for the liver is rice or potatoes.
Cook this offal both on weekdays and holidays, pamper children, because the liver is extremely useful. Bon appetit!