Quickest Puff Pastry Recipe || Puff Pastry Recipe
Secrets of making yeast-free puff pastry
Puff pastry has become popular among many experienced cooks. If you have never come across its preparation, then at first glance this process may seem complicated and time-consuming. But this is not the case.
Most likely, making puff pastry without yeast is simply time consuming. But the end result is definitely worth it: all the resulting baked goods have an especially delicate taste and piquancy.
For the first time, puff pastry appeared in the French, and then the recipe for puff pastry spread around the world. If you decide to try it, try to follow some simple rules.
How to make puff pastry without yeast?
- The temperature of the room in which you are going to cook, as well as food and dishes, should be within 15-17 ° С. It is in such temperature conditions that the oil does not lose its plasticity and does not require cooling;
- The dough should be at rest for some time between rolling out. This will prevent the layers from being torn apart on subsequent rolls;
- If the room temperature is above 17 ° C, place the dough in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes between rolling out. A higher temperature will cause the butter to simply be absorbed into the dough instead of flaking, due to the smearing consistency. At low temperatures, the oil begins to crumble, loses its plasticity, which can rupture layers;
- Before kneading, leave a small part of the flour, so that later, when rolling, it can be used for dusting;
- Ready-made baked goods made from yeast-free puff pastry must be baked at temperatures above 220 ° C. Otherwise, the products will become thinly layered and dry due to oil leakage from them.
Puff pastry recipe
To prepare yeast-free dough you will need:
- flour - 3 cups;
- water - 1 glass;
- 1 egg;
- sunflower oil - 2 tablespoons;
- butter (margarine) - 220 g;
- some salt.
Pour water into a large container, add sunflower oil, egg and salt there, stir everything well. The oil must be pre-prepared: knead, squeeze out excess moisture and mix with flour.
Add sifted flour to the container and knead the dough. Then its thinly paroll up, divide the butter into 3 parts and smear the dough well with the third part, roll it up with an envelope so that its opposite edges in the center do not converge, and they recede slightly to either side from it. Then we put everything in the cold for 30 minutes. We repeat this three times.
Be sure to make sure that no lumps form, because they are a big hindrance to proper cooking. Then we divide everything into parts, which are rolled out individually, while the rest are stored in the refrigerator.
What can be made from yeast-free puff pastry?
Of course, this is just a general cooking technology. Depending on what kind of product you are going to cook, you must additionally add certain components to the dough. For example, to make pasties, add vodka to the composition, and if you are going to bake a sweet puff pastry pie without yeast, you can first add a little sugar to it.
Puff pastry can be used to make puffs with fruit, curd or poppy filling, various sweet desserts, cheese rolls for a picnic, roses with fish or meat filling, various pies and much other.
A simple, quick and delicious recipe is baked sausages. You can make envelopes with apples for tea - an excellent, surprisingly tasty and at the same time quick and cheap dish both for a holiday and for every day.
Modern housewives have long appreciated this product with dignity, since it is possible to bake any product you like with a variety of fillings or fillers from it. Therefore, baking from puff yeast-free dough you will definitely please your family and friends.
The most important thing is to use the ingredients they love to create the filling, which they can afford. Bon appetit!