how many types of honey good
The most useful varieties of honey
Honey is a healthful product that we can use in food every day, enjoying its rich taste and aroma, and treating many diseases and disorders with it.
The uniqueness of honey lies in its natural composition: it includes useful carbohydrates - glucose and fructose, vitamins and minerals, as well as a special set of amino acids and enzymes.
All of them are favorable for digestion, blood formation and cell renewal.
And some types of honey are prized for their high concentration of nutrients, the benefits of which are comparable to those of products such as veal liver and gourmet fish. The nutritional value of honey is as high as that of condensed milk, premium wheat bread and porcini mushrooms.
The most useful types of honey: buckwheat, lime, chestnut
Any beekeeping product, provided that it is completely natural, carries a huge potential for human health. However, buckwheat, linden and recently available monofloral chestnut honey deserve the greatest fame.
Useful properties of buckwheat honey are:
- high nutritional capacity: this variety better than others copes with anemia, exhaustion, general weakness, helps to build muscle mass in asthenic syndrome, fights fatigue, stress;
- antimicrobial, wound healing and enveloping quality: you can easily cure colds, various inflammatory processes, gastritis, gastroduodenitis and even stomach and duodenal ulcers;
- removes radionuclides and facilitates oxidative processes in the body: indicated when working in difficult conditions, poisoning with salts of heavy metals and pesticides, radiation contamination;
- immunostimulating properties: positively affects the enzyme composition of the blood, stimulates the production of antibodies to infection, ARVI, metabolic disorders and other diseases.
If you add only 2 tablespoons of buckwheat honey to your daily diet, you can easily prepare the body for the flu season and respiratory diseases in the cold season, as well as mitigate the allergy to bloom in the summer season.
Buckwheat honey should be consumed in moderation, without overeating. It is necessary to increase the recommended rate reasonably, for example, in case of severe fatigue, hard physical labor, and for a short time (about two weeks).
Useful properties of linden honey are used in our territoryand for a very long time. Linden blossom, the nectar of which bees collect, gives additional medicinal properties: antipyretic, diaphoretic, anti-inflammatory.
Also, this variety has a beneficial effect on the kidneys, bladder, inhibits the growth of bacteria in diseases of the upper respiratory tract, helps with pneumonia.
Linden honey is also good for the nervous system, a small amount (1-2 tablespoons per day) strengthens the nervous tissue, relieves irritability, painful reaction to noise, light, relieves migraine attacks.
This variety is especially indicated for women, since the substances contained in it are close in action to the female hormone estrogen.
For women, this is an indispensable tool for easy and natural correction of hormonal levels at any age, especially when menopause is approaching.
Another useful variety, rich in substances with a healing effect, is chestnut. Its value is increased due to the presence of the finest elements of the chestnut-colored extract - an extract of this quality can only be offered to you by bees, which screen out a significant part of tannins and acids that are heavy for assimilation.
Useful properties of chestnut honey:
- gently tones up the nervous system, muscles, including the heart, nourishes the brain cells - a teaspoon of this product on an empty stomach will be much healthier than a cup of coffee, and the effect is practically the same;
- promotes the outflow of bile and enzyme juices from the gallbladder and pancreas, strengthens the walls of the stomach and intestines, restores normal appetite and digestion;
- helps to strengthen blood vessels and reduce blood density, which improves blood circulation and lymph flow in the extremities, an excellent addition to the treatment of varicose veins.
Honey with bee bread and propolis: how much and why to eat
Experienced beekeepers and large beekeeping farms offer special types of their products: with bee bread or propolis.
These bioactive additives increase the concentration of nutrients and turn honey from a treat into a real medicine.
Here are just a few useful properties of honey with bee bread: antidepressant, stimulator of insulin production, stimulator of the endocrine system, antioxidant, normalizes blood pressure, fights infections of various origins, binds and removes toxins from the blood, relieves inflammation of the genital tract, treats gastrointestinal diseases.
To get the most out of this medicinal strain, it should be consumed in small amounts (up to 50g) daily during the day, preferably for 14 days. Then you should take a break for 1-2 months and resume the course.
Probably everyone knows about the beneficial properties of honey with propolis. Propolis is used to treat colds, sore throats, stomatitis and gingivitis, since there is no better remedy for inflammation of the oral mucosa and throat than propolis, be it a pharmacy tincture or a natural piece of this substance,purchased from the beekeeper.
Honey with propolis is good because, unlike pharmaceutical propolis, it can be eaten, and not just gargled. The correct proportion (from 0.5 to 5% depending on the disease) allows the active substances to be delivered to the blood through absorption in the stomach and intestines, and at the same time, it will protect against an overdose of propolis.
Pure propolis in large quantities can cause irritation of the skin and mucous membranes, fever, dizziness and vomiting, but in the composition of honey its effect is mild and extremely beneficial. The course of treatment is also 14 days, ½ teaspoon 3 times a day before meals.
Solutions for external use can be prepared:
- eye drops: dissolve 1 teaspoon in ½ cup boiled water;
- drops in the nose for a runny nose, sinusitis: solution with water in a ratio of 1: 3;
- drops for pain in the ear: also a solution with water 1: 3;
- gargle for the throat and mouth: for 0.5 liters of slightly warm boiled water, add 1 teaspoon of table salt and 1 tablespoon of honey with propolis, rinse no more than 6 times a day, alternating with rinsing with a decoction of chamomile;
- lotions on the skin for an itchy rash (except for skin mites and weeping eczema): dilute with boiled water 1: 1, moisten a clean gauze cloth with this, apply on small areas of the rash for 30 minutes 4-5 times a day.
Another combination of products that mutually enhance the healing properties is a treat made of honey with walnuts. Any variety can be easily enriched with this delicious product. For the mixture, it is better to take meadow, acacia or honey from fruit trees.
The benefits of honey with walnuts are appreciated by athletes, intellectuals and nutritionists. The fact is that walnut serves as a source of iodine to support nerve cells, as well as nutritious nut oil, which has no equal in restoring metabolic processes in skin cells, tissue regeneration and giving elasticity to blood vessels.
This can become a favorite vitamin for children, given that propolis or bee bread is not recommended until the age of 5, and is prescribed with caution to school-age children.
Honey-nut mix recipe
It is better to prepare the mixture from freshly harvested dried (but not in the oven) nuts. Glass jars with a volume of 250 or 500 ml are filled ¾ with peeled but not chopped walnuts. Pour honey up to 2 cm from the edge of the jar.
If you are going to store this mixture for a long time, for example, until next year, you can pre-place a piece of propolis the size of a match head on the bottom of the jar or trace a trace of it on the inside of the lid.